Hopeless.

Did you know that by law, Muslims cannot be appointed as sweepers in the land of the pure? This interesting titbit - that I almost forgot to share - I found in an article in Thursday's edition of the Daily Times, Karachi page. It's amazing how a land created (or-so-the-fairy-tale-tells-us) to escape religious persecution and discrimination is so hell bent on practicing just that in every single possible way. It's disturbing how, on so many levels, these practices are so blatantly 'wrong' that they serve only to stamp in yet another nail into a coffin already closed so tight the corpse within would have asphyxiated by now - were it not for the fact that it is already dead.

I really wonder if I've lost all hope. And on dark days, I fear that I truly have.

2 love for me ..:

F. said...

I didn't know this. And yes, it's sad and stupid. This is double discrimination because not only does it present janitorial work as something to be looked down upon, it also limits employment options for Muslims.
But here you are. Hope is a resilient thing and you've already made a small difference: you've shared this information, and now others know something is wrong too.

Rooj Siddiqui said...

I wonder what else there's to be revealed =/ Sigh.

Behind the curtain..

My photo
I believe that it's the ordinary that is so distinguished. I am only an amateur who sees the mundane with a twist. Goes around putting titles on self-perceived moments as life goes on by...
 

Masquerades..

“I can read women. But god damn you woman, you’re all over the place. If I could read you I’d be god” -David Flecha

Twitteraati

About

I believe that it's the ordinary that is so distinguished. I am only an amateur who sees the mundane with a twist. Goes around putting titles on self-perceived moments as life goes on by...