Love - a temporary madness..

Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. 

Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.

18 love for me ..:

Neeha said...

Hey well penned:)
Keep it up..

Estell said...

this almost made me cry...its actually something I've been having issues with lately. I love your writing! good job

Ubaid said...

I don't believe in love anymore...

Divaa Divine said...

i dont need an idiot like you following my awesome blog, fuck you and get out!

RiĆ  said...

Really loved the way u hav written the post...yes love is all that and much more.

Zoya said...

indeed!
good to have u back btw.

Anonymous said...

Well Written Dear :)

Visit Me
WWW.YewMeanALotToMe.BlogSpot.Com

Rooj Siddiqui said...

@ Neeha: Thank you :)

--

@ Estell: Thank, hun. Its actually not my own work. The first part is definitely one of the favorite texts by Mandolin I've ever came across. Not that I necessarily agree with all of it but nonetheless makes sense :)

--

@ Ubii: Why?

--

@ Divaa: WHAT THE FUCK? What happened to you, bitch?

Rooj Siddiqui said...

@ Ria: Thanks, babe..

--

@ Moonshine: Sure, i'l visit you soon :)

Sonshu said...

WOW. that was beauutiifull! I LOVE your writing! that was so Love - ive a lot to learn abt love :)

rantravereflect/ jane said...

love is always a trailblazer of sorts- it leads a long line of dots oa never thought would come in ya line of dots , in de frist plac e:)
i like it- ya're deep! n i like teh way ya say 'begin it' in de end :) --> truly epitomisin the CIRCLE of love :)

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

True, but then the question is, give it all and lose it all?
or give it all, little by little?

Jack said...

Nostalgic,

My PC is working now. I will be back tomorrow as I want to read as many posts as possible before I say anything more.

Take care

Unknown said...

U:
aisa maine pehle bhi kahi pada hai....i mean a part of this....i love this post....:)
I love Love

my innerfeeling said...

after a long time i visted your blog
so sry
n totally agreed with u dear

Killer Drama said...

the moment one is truly in love, he's committed..forever

Divaa Divine said...

i was in the temporary madness and then i woke up

Princess said...

I do not know what love truly is ....
But then it is supposed to be beautiful not hurtful I guess !
Nicely penned :)

Behind the curtain..

My photo
I believe that it's the ordinary that is so distinguished. I am only an amateur who sees the mundane with a twist. Goes around putting titles on self-perceived moments as life goes on by...
 

Masquerades..

“I can read women. But god damn you woman, you’re all over the place. If I could read you I’d be god” -David Flecha

Twitteraati

About

I believe that it's the ordinary that is so distinguished. I am only an amateur who sees the mundane with a twist. Goes around putting titles on self-perceived moments as life goes on by...