Craving peace ..


I want to be somewhere I am not,
I want to run some place I don’t know,
I want to sleep in peace and have no dreams,
I want to vent my grief in a torrent of tears.
I have the right to be happy, they say.
What do they know and why would they care?
There are some things in life that are not meant to last,
But it won’t protect you from the ghosts of your past.
Sometimes I wonder how we waste our time,
We eat, we sleep, we work, and we lie.
We don’t say the things that really matter,
We make everything worse instead of making it better.
I lose myself in this world of shadows,
I miss those days when I could see rainbows.
I don’t know if I should open this door,
I don’t know where to go anymore.
I am confused, I am alone, and cold,
The world is so big, and I am so small.
And I lost my way; I am at a crossroads,
I close my eyes, and my world explodes.

8 love for me ..:

Meher said...

I love any poetry that rhymes, coz I can't. The scheme is very good.
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

love ur poetry complete admirable :)

S.S said...

It's a good piece if its just art and not something from inside! :)

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

There's a road, long and winding
The lights are blindin' but it gets there
Don't give up, don't look back
There's a silver linin', it's out there somewhere

Everybody wants an answer, everybody needs a friend
We all need a shinin' star on which we can depend
So tonight we're gonna wish upon a star
We never wished upon before


Go on, have your wish (:

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Happens hun. Then you realize the world isn't really tht big and you ain't really that small. Grab it with it's horns and take over the world. Don't let anything bring you down.

Lady Whispers said...

wow i love the poetry :)
But if this how u feel....then just stick on and fight and u shall rise again :)

Ritika said...

wow!

Sometimes , i feel the same too...


It is awesome! perfect words at the perfect place!

Do visit me sometime!

Eddie said...

very simple, straight forward and honest.

Behind the curtain..

My photo
I believe that it's the ordinary that is so distinguished. I am only an amateur who sees the mundane with a twist. Goes around putting titles on self-perceived moments as life goes on by...
 

Masquerades..

“I can read women. But god damn you woman, you’re all over the place. If I could read you I’d be god” -David Flecha

Twitteraati

About

I believe that it's the ordinary that is so distinguished. I am only an amateur who sees the mundane with a twist. Goes around putting titles on self-perceived moments as life goes on by...